Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Indie Artist Julie Weller

I recently made a yummy purchase from Julie Weller on Lollishops.  When I received my package I was in Aw!! I bought a cupcake pin cushion.   The packaging was so beautiful and she included some goodies along with my item.  I really love the pink cupcake ornaments. They look so real!  

I asked Julie if she would like to do this interview explaining her craft and inspiration.


What is your Lollishop name/link?
The Cupcake Cupboard
www.lollishops.com/cupcakecupboard

What is your specialty?
Pincushions and all things cupcake

How Long have you been doing your craft?
I rediscovered my creative side about 2 years ago when I discovered online swapping.
My obsession with cupcakes led me there and opened up all kinds of possibilities for me.
I started experimenting with pincushions just over a year ago.

What inspired you to create the lovely item's that you make?
I LOVE CUPCAKES!!  Anything having to do with cupcakes makes me smile.
I've tried to incorporate cupcakes in all kinds of crafts and art media, but somehow I keep
coming back to pincushions.  Putting these sweeties together is almost like decorating
cupcakes for me - without the calories!!


What is your absolute favorite item that you make?
My Half-Pint Pincushions are my favs! 
They make GREAT whimsy jars - fill 'em with fun bits & bobbles!

Are there any special tips you would like to share on how you promote your
business?
I've found that flickr is a wonderful way to "show off" your work.
Blogging is another great way to share your creativity!
(http://www.cupcakedd.blogspot.com)


What do you love mostly about Lollishops?
I love the sweet family that is Lollishops.
Sadie (the head Sweetie) is wonderfully supportive!

Are there any other venue's that you we can find your lovely creation's on?
I also offer my creations on etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5245356)

Do you have any advice for other indie artists?
Do what makes you happy. 
You never know when something you've created will make someone else happy too!




No comments: